Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Makers Gonna Make

If there is one thing that is predictable about me it is that I must be busy.
I have to make things or be doing something all. the. time.
Can't help it...


Spring break was here and I was so ready for it!
Did I sleep in...a little.
Did I rest...you bet.
Did I work on a huge project...of course!

 I have the privilege of being a part of the Elevate Conference in May 
and I wanted to send a little something for the swag bags.
Seventy-five little somethings to be exact.


There were points where I thought I was surely out of my EVER. LOVING. MIND.
for agreeing to provide seventy-five mini zipper pouches for all the ladies.


But I stuck it out and got them all finished with loads of time to spare!
 I love all the fabrics.  
The combinations that I hope will bring on smiles and all the heart eyes.


Since I actually had time to spare I decided I wanted to do a couple of projects 
for the house and even something for me!


One new pillow for the family room and one new zipper pouch for my bag.


If there is one thing I have learned in trying to have a little business 
it is that you have to get back to the root of how all this sewing began.  
I started sewing for our home and my hubby and my boys.


Giving myself permission to make something for fun is the key to not getting burned out.
I want to always have the feeling of wanting to sew.  
If it turns into something that is a chore I have defeated the whole purpose of my little shop.  


Sewing is my therapy, sewing is my joy.


No comments:

Post a Comment