Believe it or not, sometimes I sew for me!
I know, shocker!
This happy makeover came about because I didn't really want to spend $40 (or more)
on a new basket for the living room afgans. I already had some baskets
that didn't have a job anymore, so I started plotting.
A little spray paint and a new liner and that dark old basket
could fit quite nicely in the living room.
Let me say it took a lot of spray paint to cover that dark stain.
I covered it with white and almond as a base and then layered the yellow.
I went through a few almost empty cans and then bought
one more can of Rust-Oleum Painter's Touch in Sun Yellow (my favorite brand of spray paint)
to finish it off. I still have a bunch left, so more projects will see the yellow!
After I got the paint finished up I used the old liner as a pattern to make the new cheerful liner!
I didn't have quite enough of the main fabric to do the entire liner,
so I used a scrap to make the base.
Happy accident I say!
Rather than making ties I went through my ribbon stash and found this darling gingham.
Just the right touch!
So for maybe $10 I was able to get a "new" basket exactly the color and style I wanted!
Not too shabby!
*Rust-Oleum Spray paint is my favorite, but this is not a sponsored or affiliate post.
However, if Rust-Oleum ever wants to send me paint I would gladly take it! :)